Wednesday, September 21, 2011

4 Months Old: Bassinet to Crib

I don't have much time to write full blog posts lately. So I've decided that I will copy and paste information from emails to my husband, facebook messages, and online chats with my mom (like this one) so that I can still keep this information and update you (whoever you are) on baby Henry! Good idea?

So just so you have some background.. Henry is now 4 months old and I am finally admitting that he is too big for his bassinet. :( I've started trying to have him sleep in his crib in his own room, which is right across the hall from mine. ...This is how its going so far:

[Me]
ok seriously i am having issues with the whole crib thing!! he doesnt like it!
:( gahhhh
he is crying right now... i am REALLY hoping he'll just go back to sleep
[Mary Schumacher]
oh no
[Me]
it really sucks.
[Mary Schumacher]
what if you sleep on the futon while he falls asleep
[Me]
.... why would that make any difference
[Mary Schumacher]
then you'd be in the room while he falls asleep and he'd sense you are right there
[Me]
LOL
idk mom.. i put him in his crib to fall asleep. he fell asleep, then woke up 10 min later and started crying. i rocked him to sleep and put him back he is now awake again crying. is this going to just continue forever?? i rock him to sleep, set him down and 15 min later i am doing it again??
[Mary Schumacher]
give him your sweaty tshirt to sleep with then he'll smell you and feel comforted
[Me]
YOU HAVE THE MOST RIDICULOUS SOLUTIONS!
[Mary Schumacher]
LOL
people do that!
[Me]
i hold him and he's instantly sleeping again
grrrrrrr
[Mary Schumacher]
oh just sleep with him. He'll move to his own bed in a few years. Gracie and Libby sleep in their own beds now. (sometimes)
[Me]
LOL uuugh...


& just so you know I really did give him a tshirt.. not sweaty, but i wore it! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment