Thursday, September 15, 2011

Grandmas, Food, Babies, etc...

Pretty much everyone uses facebook now. Its just convenient for staying in touch with friends and family who aren't close by. And even the ones that are and are just too busy to catch up on a regular basis! Anyway, the other day I asked my grandmother over facebook what her mom (my great grandmother) eats on a regular basis. I have watched a few food documentaries lately and since my great gramma is 103 (or is it 104 now?) I decided it was a good question!! I have also recently decided that I would love to stay alive to see my children's children's children's children!!



Please ignore the fact that I look like a giant whale. This is my gramma, my great gramma, my mom, my sister, charlie (her baby), and me and Henry. So it is all five generations!

Anyway, this was my Grandma's response to my question about what Great Gramma eats:

"Gma eats ordinary food. No nuts, or anything hard to chew. She has her cold cereal every morning with a little milk and sugar, and her cranapple juice. We eat our big meal at noon. Then usually just have a bowl of Moose Tracks ice cream for supper with a cookie. She eats a lot of chicken and fish with potatoes and gravy and a roll. Some mornings we fix eggs and sausage with toast, or pancakes or frozen waffle thingys. Sometimes we fix those things for lunch just for a change. She eats hamburgers now and then. She likes lamb chops but we don't have those often. She doesn't care for Mexican foods, Italian, or Oriental. When she doesn't feel well she eats burnt toast to help settle her stomach, or milk toast with tea. In other words she eats whatever she wants and ignores anything she doesn't care for at the time. She has no special diet."

I thought it was funny for some reason. :) And also a bit relieving.. because I have been so concerned lately about organic foods and what is healthy for Henry, whats not, that its nice to know that you can live a long healthy life just by eating foods that you like and that make you feel good. I will just try not to purchase too many foods with pesticides, growth hormones or too many "enhancements" and I think we will all be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment