Monday, October 31, 2011

Henry's First Halloween

Ok, I am going to cave and totally steal a brilliant idea from a friend! She writes her blog as if she's writing to her baby girl, and since Henry seems to be the ONLY thing I talk about, I might as well be saying all of this directly to him. Right?

HENRY! Oh my goodness, look how BIG you are! I can't believe how much you have been changing the past few weeks. To my surprise, you dont have any teeth that are actually showing yet! They are still JUST below the surface. I feel when they finally come through, you'll probably get many of them within a short time. You've sure been active lately. Maybe its all the solid food that you've been eating! Avocados are your favorite! I haven't given you any citrus fruits or meat yet, and I don't plan to for the next couple weeks (you'll get them once you're 6 months old). You had bananas and liked them but, the first time you threw some of it up, the second time you had a mild diaper rash, and the third time you got a rash on your face!! Not trying those things again for a couple months!

We went to Murrieta with Daddy to visit your gramma, grampa, and all your aunties. And Charlie, your cousin, of course. You had so much fun and gave Aunt Gracie BIG kisses. Aunt Lexie and Aunt Gracie were helping you learn how to crawl. You were pushing off Lexie's hands to get to Aunt Gracie. It was very cute and you were so happy to have people on the floor playing with you. They did such a good job that now you have been picking your entire torso off the floor, so that you're up on your hands and knees!! It shocks me EVERY time I see you do it! Its still hard for me to believe that my tiny little baby is now strong enough pick himself up.... Its only a matter of time until you teach yourself how to move your arms and legs so that you're able to crawl. Tonight you were on the floor with Daddy showing him how strong you are, scooting backwards! I think you were trying to go forward though.. you'll figure it out eventually!!

Today we went to the pumpkin patch because it's Halloween. We went with your friend Mathew Rippey. He is a month and a half older than you are, and you seen to get along pretty well. His mommy and I took LOTS of pictures of you boys, and he tried on your Halloween costume so that he could get some pictures being a dragon too! Look how funny you look in your costume :)


We had a good time. You were a very good boy, even though we skipped a nap! You are so lucky to have a mommy and daddy that love you as much as we do!! But I must admit, its pretty scary how strong and determined you are getting! You also have very long limbs for a baby.. I just can't imagine what it will be like once you start crawling all over the house. We're going to have to get a very tough baby gate for the top of the stairs and permanently attach it, so mommy doesnt have to put the other gate across the entrance to the hallway and hop over it a million times a day!

Love you so much, Hankymuffin, and I will be blogging again soon about all our adventures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment