Friday, October 14, 2011

Cry it Out

After many, many nights of sleeping with my wiggly baby pasted against my back in my & my husband's bed (he is under water in a submarine), I decided to try the Ferber method, aka "cry it out," because I need Henry to start sleeping by himself in his crib. The transfer from bassinet to crib has not been easy... My goal is to be done with this by the time my husband gets home in a couple weeks. I am hoping to have Henry sleep-trained by then so that I can at LEAST put him to sleep at a decent time! Even if he still wakes up in the middle of the night, it would help if he went to bed at a normal baby bedtime instead of 10 or 11 or sometimes even midnight! Lately he has been going to bed between 10 and 11.

Yesterday was the first night of "cry it out" at the Dwyer house. It went better than I thought it would!! He cried for a total of less than 30 minutes and fell asleep before 10:30pm! I checked on him 4 times, and the 4th time he was sleeping! Tonight we will do this together... I will document what time certain things occur! Here you go:

9:36pm - i put him in his crib & gave him goodnight kisses
9:41pm - finally realized I wasnt coming back & started crying
9:46pm - crying stopped... afraid to check on him!
9:54pm - still quiet. checked on Henry - HE'S ASLEEP!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!

Holy crap! I am in complete disbelief... I am wondering if he will wake up and start crying again in the next couple minutes. I am going to finish this episode of The Office and check on him again... if he is still asleep I will re-cover him with the blanket (he kicked it off, didn't want to take a chance) and go to bed myself! WOW. Who knew!? I feel like this is too good to be true.

If he wakes up in the next few minutes I will take care of him and then edit this post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment