Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2.5 months down...

Well, its been two and a half months, and I am still doing great on my own! My husband and I have been able to keep in contact, more contact than either of us had expected going into this, and it has been a tremendous help. I send him an email every day (sometimes more than one) updating him on pretty much every aspect of my life, which he enjoys because the emails are pretty close to the only social life he has right now.

Its amazing to me how much I wanted to get a job when we first moved here. I really thought that if I didnt have one I would be completely bored and have no way of meeting people and making friends, but it seems like I should be thankful that I didn't get one! I have a lot going on, balancing my doctor appointments, making sure the bills are paid, my music life, helping plan my baby shower, and my new friends here. I feel like every day I have at least one thing on the to do list, and at thirty weeks pregnant, sometimes one thing is all you have the energy to do! If I had a job, I wouldn't have the energy or the time to pursue music to the extent that I have been lately. Life is so much better with plenty of music in it.

The sub has only stopped at one port since he first met up with the boat two and a half months ago, so we got to talk on the phone a couple times while he was on land. Its amazing what a phone call can do! Its also amazing that he can make me that happiest girl in the world even when we're on opposite sides of it.

Its still unclear whether or not he will be home for Henry's birth. Chances are still looking very slim. But this is ok with me. I'm thankful that we got to move back to southern california, and I'm thankful that he got the job he wanted, so if we don't get to be together for Henry's birth, I can't complain that much about it... We are already lucky in so many other ways, even though its one of the most important days of my life, it would be selfish to ask for too much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment