Sunday, July 3, 2011

baby update!

Henry has been smiling for quite a while now. When he was only a week old he started smiling in his sleep. He did it often and sometimes would even giggle! Always made me wonder what he was dreaming about. :) For the past couple weeks he has been smiling while he's awake, smiling at people, mostly me of course.

We have TWO games to play together! We play peek-a-boo, and as of today we have a new game. Don't know what its called... I think I'll call it Stinky Feet. He lays on my lap with his head near my knees and I lift his feet to my nose and smell them and say "PEW!!" and he smiles!! Can you believe that my days now consist of quieting cries and finding ways to make

Its strange, I've never loved to see a smile so much before! The closest feeling I guess would be seeing my husband smile on special days. Really special days like the day he proposed, or the day we got married, or the day we found out I was pregnant, or the day HENRY was born! Or any time that Drew smiles at Henry. I just love my family! Its amazing. Its like one second I have a boyfriend and the next I have a beautiful, concrete family. Sometimes I wonder how it all even happened!

Anyway, its been very exciting to see some smiles. There's an emotional tole of suddenly having to spend EVERY second taking care of someone else, someone who cries ten times a day and can never tell you what they want. An appreciative smile sure is nice to see after hours of holding, cuddling, singing, bouncing, feeding, changing, and any other thing I can think of to cheer up a grumpy baby!

Some of my favorite things about Henry:
- he falls asleep during car rides
- he started biting & sucking his fists, which might not seem like a big deal but its self-soothing and it means he's gaining coordination.
- he started sleeping through the night.. kind of. He now sleeps from midnight to 6, give or take an hour.
- his eyes looks prettier every day
- he looks so much like his daddy's baby pictures
- he smiles for his dad
- he has so much hair!!
- the moby wrap puts him to sleep right away
- he's starting to stay awake for longer stretches during the day
- likes staring at dangling toys and kicking

Well, time to change his diaper and put him to bed. Its a "duty day" which means Andrew will be working all night and come home in the morning. I let Henry sleep in our bed on duty days. He likes to sprawl out and take up as much space as possible. No swaddling for this little guy! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment